Resting State fMRI
An AI-based service that analyzes data to map functional areas of the brain based on resting state fMRI results before surgery.
How does it work?
1. Specialists upload functional magnetic resonance imaging data of the patient’s resting state to the service.
2. Algorithms analyze them and color the functional parts of the brain: visual, motor, auditory.
3. The results are sent to a specialist for further diagnostics.
How the service works
The resting state fMRI model localizes and segments the fMRI brain areas on three-dimensional DICOM resting images. It builds a sequence of two-dimensional images (slices), each of which corresponds to a specific slice of the brain, and on which the visual zones are highlighted. It uses 5 sequential AI-based algorithms trained on extensive medical datasets.
DICOM (Digital Imaging and Communications in Medicine) — s a medical industry standard for the creation, storage, transmission and visualization of digital medical images.
The main advantages of the service
• Delivers the result in 15 minutes, which is 10 minutes faster than comparable models.
• Reduces the MR-scanner operating time by 40% compared to the existing algorithm.
«Resting state fMRI» allows to plan an operation taking into account the location of functionally important areas of the cerebral cortex and tumor. This helps to complement and improve the strategy of surgical treatment of patients with cancer.
The service helps doctors and institutions to
Reduce wear and tear on equipment and replacement it less often, as well as increase the clarity of images, since the patient moves less during the process
Solve the problem of planning a surgical intervention in a situation where a stimulus-dependent fMRI study is impossible
Speed up diagnosis and improve its accuracy for further treatment strategies